Everything exists for the glory of God. Therefore, we believe our church exists to glorify God. We make it our mission to glorify God in four ways:
- Exalting Jesus in passionate worship
- Equipping Christians for life and service
- Encouraging one another in meaningful fellowship
- Engaging the world with the gospel
If you live in or around Indy, we want to invite you to worship with us. Join us as we seek to glorify God together.
Our Pastoral Staff
Assistant to the pastor
(317) 784-4484 ext 201
What We Believe
"But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine" (Titus 2:1). God wants every local church to believe, teach, and live according to sound doctrine. That's our desire, too! Our statement of faith communicates what we believe and teach as sound doctrine. It does not replace or supersede the Bible's authority. Rather, it summarizes what we believe the Bible teaches with regard to its major doctrines.
Our statement of faith consists of three parts:
- The Baptist Faith & Message 2000 (BFM)
- An addendum with clarifications to the Baptist Faith & Message 2000
- Position papers as approved by our congregation
To download and read our statement of faith, click here. Here are a couple of questions you may have:
- Q: Isn't the "Baptist Faith & Message 2000" a document created by the Southern Baptist Convention?
A: Yes. Though GRBC is not affiliated with the SBC, we agree with this statement of faith and have adopted it for our congregation.
- Q: Why add your own clarifications to a statement of faith?
A: Good question. Every statement of faith is written in a particular historical context, and the authors of any statement of faith must make decisions about what they will include. We do not disagree, at any point, with the BFM, but there were some issues our elders felt should not be left out.
- Q: Where is the addendum? I don't see it.
A: To make it easier on you, we have included the content of the addendum throughout the BFM. Below any article where we added to the content of the BFM, you will find "GRBC comment(s)".
- Q: What's a position paper?
A: It's an expanded explanation of a cultural issue or biblical doctrine. Our intention in writing these is to bring clarity where there is often confusion. Lord willing, more will be added as time goes on.
Our church's constitution is an explanation of how we've agreed to operate as a congregation. Biblical principle and prudence governed the forming of this constitution, and it includes our statement of fatih. To view our constitution, click here.